We already know of a number of records that Grand Theft Auto V has broken, including smashing the global week one sales record, quickly becoming the best selling game ever on PSN, outselling Grand Theft Auto IV in just three weeks in the UK, and managing to sell over 11 million units in just 24 hours.
Well, now it has another seven world records to add to its total. Craig Glenday, editor-in-chief of Guinness World Records, had this to say:
"GTA totally deserves to be recognized as an icon of modern British culture, and we're thrilled to be able to feature the game in the record books. Gaming is no longer a niche hobby, as GTA 5 has proved, and how exciting that it's taken on the might of Hollywood and won! I'm also doubly proud as a Dundonian to welcome this home-grown series back into the Guinness World Records book."
The additional records broken were:
1. Best-selling action-adventure videogame in 24 hours
2. Best-selling videogame in 24 hours
3. Fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion
4. Fastest videogame to gross $1 billion
5. Highest grossing videogame in 24 hours
6. Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours
7. Most viewed trailer for an action-adventure videogame
Source: [Guinness World Records]