Yesterday, Nintendo lifted the curtain off of Animal Crossing 3DS in a 47 minute Nintendo Direct presentation. The presentation was only in Japanese, but Extagia Gaming helpfully broke it down into some key pieces of information.
- You are now the mayor of your town. This allows much more control of the action than in previous Animal Crossing titles.
- Almost everything is customizable. In the video, a picture of Tom Nook's head is used to create a whole set of furniture and wallpaper in his image.
- There will be new stores, such as the Shoe Store
- K.K. Slider (also known as D.J. K.K.) now takes up residence in Club 444, a swank new club for you and your citizens.
- The megaphone allows you to call out your citizens by name using the 3DS microphone.
- You can visit CPU versions of your 3DS friends if they are not online. In this area, you can also see their homes and how they have decorated them.
- When you "dream" in-game, you visit a copy of a random player's town. You can then interact with it as if it was a normal town, but once you leave, everything you've done will be erased. It will not affect the player's real town.
- Former Mayor Tortimer now runs mini-games on his own private island. The tokens won there can purchase items found nowhere else.
The game is titled Animal Crossing: Jump Out in Japan and it will release there on November 8th. No release date has been announced for North America or Europe. The full Nintendo Direct presentation can be seen below:
Source: [Extagia Gaming]