Sony has officially unveiled the newest PS3 model at this years Tokyo Game Show, coming in at 20% lighter than the most recent model and almost 50% lighter than Sony's original black behemoth. This announcement comes in the wake of rumors of a new model that surfaced a couple days ago.
Sony also announced the new bundles featuring the new model as well as pricing. The bundles and release dates are as follows:
- 250GB - $269 (Bundle Only) - September 25
- Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception: Game of the Year Edition
- Voucher for more than $30 worth of bonus digital content for Dust 514.
- 500GB - $299 - October 30
- Flash Memory 12GB - 229 Euros - October 12
- 500GB - 299 Euros - September 28
- 250GB - 24,900 Yen - October 4
- 500GB - 29,800 Yen - October 4
North America and Europe will be getting the black models, though Japan are the lucky recipients of a "classic white" option.
In related news, Sony also announced that PlayStation Plus will finally be making its way to Vita this November, which will carry over all existing PS3 PlayStation Plus memberships as well.
Be sure to stay tuned for more info from this year's Tokyo Game Show.